Ulcerative colitis is a psychosomatic disorder that affects the colon of the human body. It presents with symptoms like ulcers of the colon with bleeding from the anus with stools, burning feelings, loss of appetite, and weight loss. It is a form of IBD that caused inflammation or swelling of the colon. It is similar to that chron’s disease.
This condition is characterized by the following symptoms –
- Weight loss
- Diarrhea with blood or pus
- Skin lesions
- Mental weakness
- Laziness etc.
Causes are not known exactly but may be due to low immune system, may be genetic or stress also contribute a lot to produce this disorder.
Ayurveda offers wonderful herbs that help to have good control over this troubling condition.
Herbal remedies are based on the use of plants and plant extracts for medical conditions.
Arjun is just a wonderful herb for ulcerative colitis. It helps to stop bleeding and provides a healing process for the intestines. It has anti-genotoxic and antioxidant properties and boosts the circulatory system very well.
Shalakki is an ayurvedic herb derived from the resin of plants. It helps to reduce the swelling or inflammation inside and also provides relief from pain up to a huge extent. It is packed with many anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and immune modulator properties.
Yastimadhu has immune-modulatory and adaptogenic properties. Active chemicals isoflavone and glycyrrhizin improve intestinal inflammation and are very effective in the management of ulcerative colitis.
Haridra is a compound in turmeric that is anti-inflammatory and it induces bile flow which breaks down fats. It reduces acid secretion from the stomach. It protects the stomach from inflammation and ulcers.
Wheat grass juice is also beneficial for GI ailments including ulcerative colitis.
Pomegranate or called dadima in Ayurveda also plays a very important role in stopping the bleeding in stools. Take juice 20 to 30 ml daily for better results.
Also, opt for rose petals and marigold flower petals either in the form of juice or simply chew. This help to soothe the whole track.
Apart from this, Planet Ayurveda provides some excellent herbal remedies for the same. A combo pack/set of formulations that are purely herbal is formulated for better results and easy convenience. Let’s have a look –
ULCERATIVE COLITIS CARE PACK –
- VATSAKADI CHURNA
- KUTAJAGHANA VATI
- ARJUNA CAPSULE
- PITTA BALANCE CAPSULE
1. Vatsakasi Churna is a wonderful herbal formula for ulcerative colitis. It is a mixture of various ulcer healing herbal extracts like Madhurika, Bilwa, Dhanka, etc. which are useful in all abdominal troubling symptoms like bloating, pain, burning feeling, etc. Use regularly for better results.
2. Pitta Balance Capsules are a combination of cooling compounds and natural calcium compounds which restores the pitta imbalance quickly. It is comprised of six natural medicines, Praval Pisti, Jaha Mohar Pisti, Giloy Satva, etc are powerful ayurvedic medicines to formulate the pitta balance capsule of planet ayurveda.
3. Arjuna Capsules are formulated at Planet Ayurveda with standardized extracts of the best quality herb Arjuna. It is really helpful in bleeding disorders and also provides soothing effects to the body.
4. Kutazghan Vati Tablets are formulated by Planet Ayurveda and are best recommended in loose motions or where there is an increased frequency of passing stools. It’s very effective in all kinds of diarrhea and abdominal upset. Kutaj is an herb used to prepare such amazing tablets. Pure extracts are used for better results.
Follow some guidelines along with ayurvedic medicines to have better control of symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Stick to a balanced diet.
- Say no to all kinds of junk, processed, and packed foods.
- Avoid tea, coffee, and cold drinks.
- Limit fiber-rich foods.
- Limit high protein diet, lentils which are heavy to digest.
- Limit dairy products.
- Prefer pumpkin, bottle guard, ridge guard, bitter melon, etc.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Drink buttermilk mixed with roasted cumin seeds.
- Cooked apples help in healing.
- Tender coconut water also smoothes the mucosa of the intestines.
- Stay away from stress and mental tension.
- Practice yoga and meditation.